Operations Executive - Canada
Operations Executive - Canada
Headquartered in London and with 14 offices across Europe and an aggressive international expansion plan including Dubai, North America and APAC. We focus on empowering small and medium-sized businesses that want to trade and transact internationally. We drive innovation through technology, providing businesses with the tools they need to manage their international trading, support their growth with import lending products, currency and sophisticated risk products to facilitate payment and collection facilities.
The talent of our 1000+multicultural staff, combined with our cutting-edge technology, tailored product range, and exceptional customer service, has enabled us to double in size year after year. Today we have 18 office across the world, with even more exciting expansion plans to come
As a company we are too young for bureaucracy and don't even understand complex management hierarchies. Instead we simply believe in getting things done. With an average age of only 26 across our 550+ employees, we all share one common trait: ambition.
This is a unique opportunity to join an award-winning, rapidly growing FX and Payments company at a key point in business expansion.
Taking the role of Operations Executive - Canada you will be responsible for a range of operational functions to support the business including customer due diligence, FX trade processing, outbound payment processing and related client support in these areas, for both North American and European business.
Day to day tasks will include but not limited to conducting initial customer due diligence checks on new clients, reconciling inward, instructing and processing outbound client payments in over 100 currencies via SWIFT and other routes. Conducting sanctions screening on client and payment data in line with regulatory requirements. It is expected that the role will develop over time as the Canadian client base, and, later, the US client base, grows, the successful candidate will be well-placed to grow within the business.
Reporting directly to the Head of Operations - North America, the successful candidate will work closely with the European Operations Teams, based in Malaga, Spain.
- Performing key operational functions, including but not limited to
- FX trade confirmation, validation and processing (including settlement)
- Reconciliation of client funds received to settle FX transactions
- Instruction, processing and execution of outbound currency payments via SWIFT or alternative payment systems
- Screening and monitoring of payments in line with regulatory rules
- Conducting CDD and KYC checks on new clients
- Client support in relation to the above, including online platform support
- Adherence to all internal regulatory, anti-money-laundering, anti-terrorist-financing and related policies and procedures
- Liaising with local banking partners to resolve banking issues
- Identification of areas for process and client service improvements on an ongoing basis in line with business, market and product developments
- Assisting in process development and roll-out of new products within local team