Regulatory Compliance Manager
Regulatory Compliance Manager
Ebury is a FinTech success story, ranked #8 in the Sunday Times SME Export Track. Headquartered in London & with offices across Europe, we provide a range of international financial services to organisations across the world. Using technology to drive innovation, we provide businesses with the tools they need to manage their international trading, from lending, through currency and sophisticated risk products to payment and collection facilities. A young company, with an average age of only 26 across our 340 employees, we all share one common trait: ambition. At Ebury you will find an incredible group of people waiting for you. As a company we are too young for bureaucracy and don't even understand complex management hierarchies. Instead we simply believe in getting things done.Ebury is backed by respected technology investors, including Vitruvian Partners and 83 North. We have won numerous awards and accolades including 2016 European Payment FinTech of the year.
Our Electronic Money Institution specialised in Foreign exchange and risk/hedging solutions searching for a Regulatory Compliance specialist with experience in the regulatory space in the payments/e-money and derivatives industries. This is a permanent position based in our central London head office offering a competitive salary.
The successful candidate must hold a law degree and have 3-5 years experience in the financial sector, including a proven track record of working in the derivatives or payments/e-money industries.
A deep technical understanding of MiFID II, PSD2, PSRs, EMRs, EU AML and GDPR regulations is required.
You will spend a portion of your time dealing with queries from both front office and senior management regarding regulatory changes, reporting, specific case studies tailored to the company and interpreting the local and global regulations, so you must be able to communicate your knowledge clearly and concisely and be comfortable presenting to the team and to the other departments as well. You must be able to do legal research in all of Ebury’s current jurisdictions indepentently from the license we hold in the different countries.
You will sit within our compliance team and report directly to our Head of Compliance/MLRO.
- Helping to solve complex issues regarding derivative/MiFID clients
- Keep up to date with the relevant FCA and EU changes
- Advise on upcoming changes to legislation regarding payments and/or derivatives that may impact the company
- Ensure the business possesses the relevant E-money/FCA regulations and principles
- Assist front office with day to day ad-hoc queries, provide general regulatory advice to the company
- Support Senior Management (including the HOC) in the training and competence scheme
- Advice on regulatory practices for building and strengthening frameworks Occasionally present your findings/opinions to senior management or members of the board
- Speak to regulators on behalf of the firm from time to time
- Must hold a law degree
- Preferably qualified as a solicitor, or experienced paralegal
- 3-5 years industry experience (financial services)
- Strong knowledge of the financial regulations, particularly within the payments e-money industry and derivatives
- Must be able to communicate clearly and be comfortable presenting
- Must be able to work to strict deadlines