Senior Accounting Manager
Senior Accounting Manager
Ebury is among the fastest-growing global Fintech companies, having recently achieved Unicorn status. Founded by Salvador Garcia Andres and Juan Lobato in 2009, their goal was to help businesses prosper and grow in a highly competitive environment by eliminating boundaries and making international trading and finance simple and accessible. Today Ebury offers the world’s largest non-bank platform, empowering small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by offering cutting edge technology, financial expertise, a tailored and unique product range and exceptional customer service.
We have achieved phenomenal growth and have transformed from a small start-up into one of the most exciting and disruptive names in finance. We have grown into an international workforce of over 900 employees of 50+ nationalities, working across 26 offices spanning 4 continents, and serving 40,000+ clients. We have consistently been a number 1 contributor to Bloomberg FXFC forecasting and have won over 20 internationally recognised awards including the Financial Times Future100 Award 2018/19.
We have no plans to slow down: this year alone, we completed our first acquisition and received a £350MN strategic investment from Santander Bank. An investment of this scale will significantly accelerate our next phase of international growth through both geographical-reach and product-offerings. Even though our tremendous growth, we maintain a vibrant and enjoyable company culture - accelerate your career as part of our winning and growing team!
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Finance team is a strong and growing part of the business. We’re looking for an individual who can support and challenge us in our journey to take finance and financial controls to the next level.
The Senior Accounting Manager will work within the Finance and Tax team in Finance, supporting the Group Head of Consolidation and Reporting and Country Manager in Belgium establish a strong financial control framework for Ebury Partners Belgium N.V. and work on projects for a wider CFO function.
The Finance and Tax team is responsible for maintaining proper accounting records both locally and at a Group level, including Financial and Management reporting, Tax and Regulatory reporting. The role will incorporate establishing and enhancing control measures and identifying opportunities for Ebury to be more efficient and effective.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be instrumental in delivering an efficient and effective Financial Control framework, primarily for our regulated entity in Belgium, and for Ebury across our global operations. The Finance and Tax team is a commercially focused, business partnering team, where you will work with key business control owners throughout the organisation.
* You’ll support the development of a culture of ownership and accountability for identifying and initiating change that will improve processes, controls, and systems
* You’ll proactively engage with all functional areas across Ebury’s global operations, and external parties, undertaking analytical review of processes, ensuring appropriate controls are in place and advising on improvements and efficiencies to provide timely reporting to external parties.
* You’ll support both the local audit in Belgium and the wider Group audit, collaborating with colleagues in London and Spain.
* Brussels with frequent visits to London
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* Qualified accountant with at least 1-2 years post-qualification experience IFRS and Belgian GAAP expertise
* Consolidation experience in multiple jurisdictions and cross-currencies
* External stakeholder management including liaising with external auditors and regulators
* Able to influence colleagues at all levels, and communicate governance, business risk and internal control issues in a clear and straightforward way
* Ability to prioritise and manage multiple deadlines, work to tight schedules and provide a fast and efficient turnaround of tasks and problem resolutions
* Be an analytical thinker who can focus on detail with a pragmatic outlook, able to lead debate and drive change whilst bearing in mind strategic requirements
* High adaptability - ability to cope with product, system and role and responsibility change in a rapidly growing company
* Have an understanding about financial services
* Experience in a FinTech environment is preferred
* Experience with NetSuite or Google Suite preferred