Senior KYC Supervisor - Quality Assurance
Senior KYC Supervisor - Quality Assurance
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector! Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without what we’re most proud of: our great community. Enthusiastic, disruptive and collaborative teams, always ready to innovate and revolutionize the fast-paced Fintech dimension.
As the heart of our company, the Operations Department is made up of different teams which collaborate in order to ensure that new customers, transactions and processes run smoothly and safely in our network.
If you want to develop your professional career in Finance and join an international environment, this is your place. Ready to join the revolution?
This is a unique opportunity to join an award-winning, rapidly growing FX and Payments company at a key point in business expansion.
Taking the role of Senior KYC Supervisor - Quality Assurance you will be responsible for quality assurance reviews of all new and existing customers and their sign off, ensuring the outcome of the onboarding and ongoing monitoring process observes the company's quality standards and are compliant with the relevant laws, regulations and group’s AML policy. The quality assurance team will be responsible for the development and implementation of inspection activities for avoiding process variation and inconsistencies, recording and reporting findings within the quality workflows application and providing necessary updates and training to the full onboarding team.
The successful candidate will work in Operations - Client Onboarding department reporting to Client Onboarding Manager.
- Day-to-day management of team responsible for performing quality assurance work on new and existing accounts.
- Develop and refine processes to ensure that procedures are being performed fully and to the highest standard (including monitoring and spot check routines)
- Ensure keeping the quality assurance team updated with new rules and policies in relation to new or existing countries.
- Identify potential and emerging risks and make recommendations on operational process and system improvements
- Maintain accurate and appropriate operating processes for the team. Ensure that rules are applied consistently inside the quality assurance function
- Assist in the development of training material and equivalent tools for improving consistency and quality
- Recognition of great performance and highlighting individual and team accomplishments
- Acting as point of escalation within team for queries and/or to resolve issues
- Ensuring that knowledge of team members is up-to-date and appropriate for the tasks being undertaken, plus identifying training needs and addressing these as appropriate
Your daily tasks:
- Support in the creation and delivery of induction and ongoing training for staff, both within own team and within the wider business
- Contribution to leading and motivating team members to fulfil their potential and perform to their highest ability
- Run daily/weekly/monthly routines within the wider team/department
- Performance assessment of team members
- Participating in recruitment processes, including initial candidate selection and interviews
- Run individual and team performance dashboards
- Use critical thinking to provide efficient solutions to problems impacting the wider team, which take into account scalability, efficiency, service and risk
- Contribute to the improvement of processes by providing ideas and feedback that strike a balance between efficiency and risk
- Support in ad-hoc projects within the department and wider business, as required
- Build and maintain strong relationships with other departments (AML and Sanctions, Compliance, Sales, Development etc.)
- Uphold, transmit and reinforce company and departmental values
- A solid understanding of CDD/KYC/AML processes and requirements, including the regulatory basis for these.
- Experience in testing and assurance work an advantage (sample selection and testing techniques)
- Clear communication and reporting skills (to report back to management)
- Strong people-management skills, including previous experience in management of larger teams
- Detail-oriented, with a keen eye for errors, and an analytical mind able to identify patterns of inconsistency
- Proactive and highly organised, able to work to deadlines, multi-task, and prioritise and re-prioritise workload as needed, in line with business requirements
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset, with the ability to find solutions to problems that are future-thinking and take into account impact at a company level
- Good grasp of the concept of continuous improvement
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Curious and engaged, proactively seeks new information to expand own knowledge and skills
- Comfortable working in a high-change environment, with the ability to rapidly adapt to changing products, processes and procedures
What we offer?
- Thanks to our induction and full training program you will get introduced to our teams and culture. Feel a member of our community since day 1!
- Since we are a multicultural community, all communications will be in English.
- Enjoy our beautiful office in the centre of Málaga with stunning views of the city from our big terrace, just 5 minutes away from the beach. Want to know more about this beautiful city? Check it out!
- Team building activities: play with our foosball table, learn and have fun with the rest of Eburians!
- Free breakfasts: Coffee, tea, juices, fresh fruit and cereals provided daily