Senior KYC Supervisor - Quality Assurance
Senior KYC Supervisor - Quality Assurance
Ebury is a FinTech success story, and one of Europe's fastest-growing fintech companies.
The talent of our 1000+ multicultural staff located in 28 offices across the world, combined with our cutting edge technology, tailored product range, and exceptional customer service has enabled us to double in size year after year. We are revolutionising the Financial sector and we have even more exciting expansion plans thanks to £350 million strategic investment from Banco Santander.
This is a unique opportunity to join an award-winning, rapidly growing FX and Payments company at a key point in business expansion.
Taking the role of Senior KYC Supervisor - Quality Assurance you will be responsible for quality assurance reviews of all new and existing customers and their sign off, ensuring the outcome of the onboarding and ongoing monitoring process observes the company's quality standards and are compliant with the relevant laws, regulations and group’s AML policy. The quality assurance team will be responsible for the development and implementation of inspection activities for avoiding process variation and inconsistencies, recording and reporting findings within the quality workflows application and providing necessary updates and training to the full onboarding team.
The successful candidate will work in Operations - Client Onboarding department reporting to Client Onboarding Manager.
- Day-to-day management of team responsible for performing quality assurance work on new and existing accounts.
- Develop and refine processes to ensure that procedures are being performed fully and to the highest standard (including monitoring and spot check routines)
- Ensure keeping the quality assurance team updated with new rules and policies in relation to new or existing countries.
- Identify potential and emerging risks and make recommendations on operational process and system improvements
- Maintain accurate and appropriate operating processes for the team. Ensure that rules are applied consistently inside the quality assurance function
- Assist in the development of training material and equivalent tools for improving consistency and quality
- Recognition of great performance and highlighting individual and team accomplishments
- Acting as point of escalation within team for queries and/or to resolve issues
- Ensuring that knowledge of team members is up-to-date and appropriate for the tasks being undertaken, plus identifying training needs and addressing these as appropriate
Your daily tasks:
- Support in the creation and delivery of induction and ongoing training for staff, both within own team and within the wider business
- Contribution to leading and motivating team members to fulfil their potential and perform to their highest ability
- Run daily/weekly/monthly routines within the wider team/department
- Performance assessment of team members
- Participating in recruitment processes, including initial candidate selection and interviews
- Run individual and team performance dashboards
- Use critical thinking to provide efficient solutions to problems impacting the wider team, which take into account scalability, efficiency, service and risk
- Contribute to the improvement of processes by providing ideas and feedback that strike a balance between efficiency and risk
- Support in ad-hoc projects within the department and wider business, as required
- Build and maintain strong relationships with other departments (AML and Sanctions, Compliance, Sales, Development etc.)
- Uphold, transmit and reinforce company and departmental values
- A solid understanding of CDD/KYC/AML processes and requirements, including the regulatory basis for these.
- Experience in testing and assurance work an advantage (sample selection and testing techniques)
- Clear communication and reporting skills (to report back to management)
- Strong people-management skills, including previous experience in management of larger teams
- Detail-oriented, with a keen eye for errors, and an analytical mind able to identify patterns of inconsistency
- Proactive and highly organised, able to work to deadlines, multi-task, and prioritise and re-prioritise workload as needed, in line with business requirements
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset, with the ability to find solutions to problems that are future-thinking and take into account impact at a company level
- Good grasp of the concept of continuous improvement
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Curious and engaged, proactively seeks new information to expand own knowledge and skills
- Comfortable working in a high-change environment, with the ability to rapidly adapt to changing products, processes and procedures