Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Headquartered in London & with offices across Europe opening in Dubai, North America and APAC, we empower businesses that want to trade and transact internationally. We drive innovation through technology, providing businesses with the tools they need to manage their international trade and support their growth, including import lending, currency and risk products, and payment and collection facilities.
The talent of our 900+ multicultural staff, combined with our cutting-edge technology, tailored product range, and exceptional customer service, has enabled us to double in size year after year. Today we have 20+ offices across the world, with even more exciting expansion plans to come.
Even through our tremendous growth, we maintain a vibrant and enjoyable company culture, and those who excel in our highly meritocratic and fast-paced environment will be generously rewarded.
Are you ready to disrupt financial services?
This is a unique opportunity to join an award-winning, rapidly growing FX and Payments company at a key point in business expansion.
Working as part of the Client Onboarding team from our office in Sydney you will be responsible for conducting initial customer due diligence on corporate and private clients brought on by our sales teams across Asia Pacific region and around the world.
The role is fast-paced and demanding, and attention to detail and the ability to work effectively under pressure are a necessity. All work will be conducted in English and fluency in both written and verbal, is essential. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills, as they will need to communicate with colleagues globally.
- Performing Customer Due Diligence on new and existing clients in line with relevant regulatory and company standards
- Obtain and review documentation and reference data to ensure that all regulatory AML and KYC requirements are adhered prior to account activation
- Identify key risks posed by potential clients, including legal structure, industry sector, customer base, delivery channel and/or reputation
- Undertaking individual identity verification checks
- Unwrapping beneficial ownership structures
- Reviewing hits on sanctions data and ruling out or escalating as appropriate
- Checking and documenting KYC ('know your customer') information
- Conducting monitoring on existing clients and updating data accordingly
- Supporting sales colleagues in other offices with questions about the client onboarding process
- Training of client-facing front-office staff in AML/CTF risks, and associated processes.
The successful candidate will be:
- 1-2 years experience in a similar role
- Basic knowledge of KYC, AML/Compliance and/or FX trading
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced, high-change environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload appropriately