Key Account Director - Ostrava
Key Account Director - Ostrava
Ebury is one of the fastest growing FinTech businesses of recent times, with Headquarters in London and 9 offices in Europe. Ebury is targeting a growing, underserved opportunity in SME Cross-Border financial services and lending with a unique platform combining data, technology and capital.
Just seven years old, the business now employs in excess of 400 people, has on-boarded circa 18,000 clients, has raised in excess of $100m top-tier Venture Capital, and is expanding both product-offerings and geographical-reach.
The Business is headed by co-founders Salvador Garcia Andres and Juan Lobato, with a well seasoned and international leadership team recruited from the likes of McKinsey, Barclays, City Index, Travelex, and Forsix Asset Management
See our Candidate Brochure for more details.
We are looking at accelerating growth across established and new countries through expanding our senior sales team.
The Key Account Director will have responsibility for promoting the growth of the Ebury brand into new markets and territories through independent research and campaigns, targeting larger SMEs to mid level companies.
As a Key Account Director you will:
● Originate new business autonomously targeting Middle Market prospects (£50M+ turnover).
● Collaborate with in country sales teams to cross-sell Ebury lending, cash management, FX hedging and payment products.
● Understand the client's business environments, strategies, and industry to provide the best solution for their situation.
● Know and understand the competition's capabilities and gaps to better position Ebury’ s Banking solutions.
● Promote sales through frequent client meetings and discussions covering new products, market and industry developments working with the country head.
● Expand existing business and provide feedback to technology and product managers.
● Support the Ebury strong client relationship/servicing culture through on-going customer contact, written call reports via Salesforce, quality customer service and superior product knowledge.
Experience (Essential and Desired)
● Strong Financial Services sales experience and contacts network would be an advantage.
● Experience of working in a commercial bank (one or several) selling to mid size corporates. Coupled with experience in an environment different to a bank (this could be start-up vendor, FX specialist, cash management etc) desirable
● Experience of the local market
● Knowledgeable of compliance requirements including AMLD, OFAC and USA PATRIOT Act, etc.
● Ideally with business/finance academic background
Competencies and Personal Characteristics
● Proven ability of bringing passion, energy and motivation to a sales organization.
● Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas and market share goals.
● Comfortable with a phone sales approach
● First-class communication skills, able to win peoples' commitment and buy-in
● Able to develop sales strategies, techniques and tactics based on customer feedback and market environment; presents key selling points, features, and benefits while focusing message on customer needs and expectations
● Skilled negotiator, able to build and leverage relationships at senior levels within SMB customers
● Quick learner; strong analytical skills
● Fluent English essential
● Competitive salary, with uncapped commission
● Retail banking or commercial banking roles (particularly in countries that have gone through significant banking sector consolidation/overcapacity) , also factoring, leasing and other financial services sales roles
● Specific roles that could potentially fit:
o RMs with SMEs/Middle market experience, particularly on SME/Commercial distribution networks – strong on product and selling. RMs focused on acquisition, e.g. may have gone out to business parks knocking on doors
o Product Experts (ideally International Trade) with strong sales bias (vs more technical expert roles in some organization)
● SAS sales experience or industries with similar structured sales processes