Regulatory Compliance Specialist
Regulatory Compliance Specialist
Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector. Headquartered in London and with offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America and Asia, we empower businesses that want to trade and transact internationally. We drive innovation through technology, providing businesses with the tools they need to manage their international trade and support their growth, including import lending, currency and risk products, and payment and collection facilities.
The talent of our 800+ multicultural staff, combined with our cutting edge technology, tailored product range, and exceptional customer service has enabled us to double in size year after year. Today we have 23 offices across the world, with even more exciting expansion plans to come.
Our UK Electronic Money Institution specialises in Foreign exchange and risk/hedging solutions searching for a Regulatory Compliance specialist with experience in the payments space and derivatives industries. This is a permanent position based in our central London head office offering a competitive salary.
The successful candidate must hold a law degree and have 2-3 years experience in the financial sector, including a proven track record of working in the payments/e-money industries. A technical understanding PSD2, PSRs, EMRs, MIFID II, EU AML and GDPR regulations is required.
You will spend a portion of your time dealing with queries from both front office and senior management regarding regulatory changes, specific case studies tailored to the company and interpreting the local and global regulations, so you must be able to communicate your knowledge clearly and concisely and be comfortable presenting to the team and to the other departments as well. You must be able to do legal research in all of Ebury’s current jurisdictions independently from the license we hold in the different countries.
You will sit within our London compliance team and report directly to our Global Head of Compliance/MLRO. Your activities will include:
- Ongoing regulatory research and helping to keep the companies Compliance policies and procedures up to date
- Keep up to date with the relevant FCA and EU changes
- Research new jurisdictions where Ebury might explore the opportunity to acquire a new license or provide its services on a cross-border basis
- Helping to solve cases of the trading floor regarding derivative trades/MiFID clients
- Assist front office with day to day ad-hoc queries, provide general regulatory advice/updates to the sales team and the compliance team
- Support Senior Management (including the HOC) in the training and competence scheme
- Lead Ebury’s online Compliance Training management
- Occasionally present your findings/opinions to senior management
- Help keeping Ebury’s governance structure up to date with its standards
- Must hold a law degree
- Must have working experience in the payments industry, ideally with an e-money institution
- 2-3 years industry experience (in financial services)
- Strong knowledge of the financial regulations, particularly within the payments, e-money industry and ideally also with derivatives
- Must be able to communicate clearly and be comfortable presenting his/her own findings
- Must be able to work to strict deadlines
- Ability to respond to changing priorities and work to urgent demands
- Ability to assess situations which require further clarification and to pushback where disputes arise
- Must be an excellent team player