Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Headquartered in London and with offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America and Asia, we empower businesses that want to trade and transact internationally. We drive innovation through technology, providing businesses with the tools they need to manage their international trade and support their growth, including import lending, currency and risk products, and payment and collection facilities.
The talent of our 900+ multicultural staff, combined with our cutting edge technology, tailored product range, and exceptional customer service has enabled us to double in size year after year. Today we have 23 offices across the world, with even more exciting expansion plans to come.
Are you ready to disrupt financial services?
Working with senior members of the team, successful candidates will be required to understand threats and risks, to be used to apply security measures and procedures and to have a basic knowledge of security tools and equipments.
The role will be very hands-on collaborating in the analysis of the new requirements related to the global expansion and the regulatory changes, in the management of 3rd party vendors and in the deployment of new security measures.
This cutting edge client provides excellent career progression and experience in the field of Cyber Security, across a wide range of projects.
Experience and desired requirements
- Resolution of Security Incidents and escalation to the Security Team Leader when necessary.
- Knowledge and experience, 1 year minimum, in some of the following security areas:
- Perimeter security
- Desktop protection
- Analysis of mails
- Authentication management.
- Good understanding of business and technical information security concepts and controls.
- Assisting with access policies procedures in accordance with role requirements.
- Provide local and remote assistance to users if needed.
- Undertake small to medium-sized Security projects as instructed to.
- Knowledge in Data Protection principles and implementation.
- Degree qualified in Information Security, IT, Engineering.
- Analysis of CVE’s.
- Experience in Financial sector and in Cloud infrastructure (AWS) will be valued.
- Capacity for analysis and problem resolution.
- Team player.
- Excellent communication skills in Spanish and fluency in English.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrate the highest level of ethical behaviour.
- Resolution of Security incidents and requests to the Security team.
- Deploy and implementation of Data Protection Principles, including assistance to our DPO for DSAR’s.
- Application of security measures including configuration of 3rd party tools.
- Deployment of policies and procedures in conjunction with other team members.