AML and Sanctions Assistant
AML and Sanctions Assistant
Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Headquartered in London & with offices across Europe opening in Dubai, North America and APAC, we empower businesses that want to trade and transact internationally. We drive innovation through technology, providing businesses with the tools they need to manage their international trade and support their growth, including import lending, currency and risk products, and payment and collection facilities.
The talent of our 700+ multicultural staff, combined with our cutting-edge technology, tailored product range, and exceptional customer service, has enabled us to double in size year after year. Today we have 18 offices across the world, with even more exciting expansion plans to come.
Even through our tremendous growth, we maintain a vibrant and enjoyable company culture, and those who excel in our highly meritocratic and fast-paced environment will be generously rewarded.
Are you ready to disrupt financial services?
Working as part of the AML and Sanctions team from our offices in central Málaga you will be responsible for screening payments against national and international sanctions lists and internal watchlists, as well as conducting real time and retrospective monitoring on client payments to identify transactions which are outside of Ebury's knowledge of the client and the client's usual transactional patterns, to detect and prevent money laundering, terrorist financing, tax evasion and/or other crimes.
We are looking for new or recent graduates who are smart, driven and ambitious and want to join us in our journey to build a global business! This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing, international company in a role which offers professional growth and career progression.
The role is fast-paced and demanding, and attention to detail and the ability to work effectively under pressure are a necessity. All work will be conducted in English so fluency, both written and verbal, is essential. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills, as they will need to communicate with colleagues globally.
No experience is required and full training will be provided, however existing knowledge of KYC, AML/Compliance and/or FX trading is an advantage.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and/or investigating hits against list data in a timely fashion and ruling out or escalating as appropriate
- Conducting rules-based monitoring on client transactions and investigating and escalating as appropriate
- Reviewing and approving “high risk” transactions prior to release
- Management of internal watchlists and blacklists
- Responding to Requests For Information on transactions from banking partners
The successful candidate will be:
- Proactive, with the ability to work within strict time-frames and under pressure
- Diligent, with excellent attention to detail
- Numerate with an analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills
- Fast learning, with the ability to multitask and prioritise workload appropriately
- Smart, with concise and timely research skills and the ability to find solutions independently
Why should you work with us?
- Initial and ongoing training providedLight, bright offices in the centre of Málaga (including a large terrace and a football table!)
- Multicultural work environment, with 12+ nationalities represented (and counting!)
- Regular social events including monthly team building activities and bi-annual parties
- Coffee, fresh fruit and cereal for breakfast provided daily
- Opportunities for professional growth and career progression
- We believe in developing staff to their full potential. All staff are given the opportunity to participate in regular training sessions and, in some cases, external training courses across a range of topics and fields.
- - We work hard but we play hard too! We hold team building events on a monthly basis - these range from hiking, bowling, paint-balling and other physical activities through to games nights in the office.