Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector. Headquartered in London & with offices across Europe opening in Dubai, Nortrh America and APAC, we empower businesses that want to trade and transact internationally. We drive innovation through technology, providing businesses with the tools they need to manage their international trade and support their growth, including import lending, currency and risk products, and payment and collection facilities.
The talent of our 600+ multicultural driven staff, combined with our cutting edge technology, tailored product range, and exceptional customer service has enabled us to double in size year after year. Today we have 16 offices globally, with exciting plans to double our workforce in 2018.
Working as part of the Client Onboarding team from our offices in central Málaga you will be responsible for conducting initial customer due diligence on corporate and private clients brought on by our sales teams across Europe and around the world.
We are looking for new or recent graduates who are smart, driven and ambitious and want to join us in our journey to build a global business! This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing, international company in a role which offers professional growth and career progression.
The role is fast-paced and demanding, and attention to detail and the ability to work effectively under pressure are a necessity. All work will be conducted in English so fluency, both written and verbal, is essential. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills, as they will need to communicate with colleagues globally.
No experience is required and full training will be provided, however existing knowledge of KYC, AML/Compliance and/or FX trading is an advantage.
Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the end-to-end client onboarding process, ensuring internal processes and regulatory requirements are adhered to
- Applying relevant country-specific legislation to new clients
- Undertaking individual identity verification checks
- Unwrapping beneficial ownership structures
- Reviewing hits on sanctions data and ruling out or escalating as appropriate
- Obtain and review documentation and reference data to ensure that all regulatory AML and KYC requirements are adhered to prior to account activation
- Checking and documenting KYC ('know your customer') informationIdentify key risks posed by potential clients, including legal structure, industry sector, customer base, delivery channel and/or reputation
- Conducting monitoring on existing clients and updating data accordingly
- Supporting sales colleagues in other offices with questions about the client onboarding process
The successful candidate will be:
- Proactive, with the ability to work within strict time-frames and under pressure
- Diligent, with excellent attention to detail
- Numerate with an analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills
- Fast learning, with the ability to multitask and prioritise workload appropriately
- Smart, with concise and timely research skills and the ability to find solutions independently
- Flexible, with the ability to adapt to an ever-changing regulatory environment
Why should you work with us?
- Initial and ongoing training providedLight, bright offices in the centre of Málaga (including a large terrace and a football table!)
- Multicultural work environment, with 12+ nationalities represented (and counting!)
- Regular social events including monthly team building activities and bi-annual parties
- Coffee, fresh fruit and cereal for breakfast provided daily
- Opportunities for professional growth and career progression