Operations, Abu Dhabi
Ebury is a FinTech success story, and one of Europe's fastest-growing fintech companies.
We believe that in order for businesses to prosper and grow, there need to be as few boundaries as possible. We empower small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally through our state-of-the-art technology platform.
The talent of our 1000+ multicultural staff, combined with our cutting edge technology, tailored product range, and exceptional customer service has enabled us to double in size year after year. Today we have 28 offices across the world, with even more exciting expansion plans thanks to a £350MN strategic investment from Santander Bank.
An investment of this scale will significantly accelerate our next phase of international growth through both geographical-reach and product-offerings.
Even though our tremendous growth, we maintain a vibrant and enjoyable company culture - accelerate your career as part of our winning and growing team!
This is a unique opportunity to join at an exciting time for Ebury and to help us to grow our business significantly over the coming years.
This is a unique opportunity to join an award-winning, rapidly growing FX and Payments company at a key point in business expansion.
Taking the role of Operations Manager - UAE you will be responsible for establishing and leading a back office team based out of Abu Dhabi, the function of which will be to support the non-transactional operational workload from the UAE region, including client onboarding, and transaction screening and monitoring.
It is expected that the role will develop over time as the UAE client base grows, with the successful candidate growing the team to support business activity.
The successful candidate will work closely with the VP of Operations, based in London, UK, the Head of Transactional Operations, based in Malaga, Spain, and the Client Onboarding and AML and Sanctions Managers, based in Malaga, Spain, as well as the Head of Compliance, based in London, and the local MLRO, based in Dubai.
The role will require periodic travel, with initial training taking place in Malaga, Spain, and London, UK.
Responsibilities will include:
- Establishment of an Abu Dhabi-based team of 2 - 3 to support business operations in the UAE
- Ongoing hiring and development of the team to support business growth
- Management of the following key operational functions/processes:
- Screening and monitoring of payments in line with regulatory rules
- Conducting CDD and KYC checks on new clients
- Client support in relation to the above, including online platform support
- Adherence to all internal regulatory, anti-money-laundering, anti-terrorist-financing and related policies and procedures
- Management and oversight of team workload, including ensuring quality standards are upheld, SLAs are met, and tasks are prioritised appropriately
- Ensuring that knowledge of team members is up-to-date and appropriate for the tasks being undertaken, plus identifying training needs and addressing these as appropriate
- Support in the creation and delivery of induction and ongoing training for staff, both within own team and within the wider business
- Coaching and mentoring team members as part of learning and development
- Leading and motivating team members to fulfil their potential and perform to their highest ability
- Monitoring team and individual performance
- Performance assessment of team members
- Participate in 1-2-1s and performance reviews of team members
- Approval of team holidays
- Supporting daily/weekly/monthly routines within the wider team/department
- Participating in recruitment processes, including initial candidate selection and interviews
- Use critical thinking to provide efficient solutions to problems impacting the wider team, which take into account scalability, efficiency, service and risk
- Contribute to the improvement of processes by providing ideas and feedback that strike a balance between efficiency and risk
- Support in ad-hoc projects within the department and wider business, as required
- Build and maintain strong relationships with other departments (Operations, Compliance, Sales, Development etc.)
- Uphold, transmit and reinforce company and departmental values
The successful candidate will have:
- An advanced understanding of CDD/KYC/AML processes and requirements, including the regulatory basis for these. Knowledge of multiple jurisdiction is an advantage.
- An in-depth knowledge of red flags and AML typologies relevant to the payments and FX space
- 3 - 5 years experience working in a KYC-related role in a regulated environment
- 2 - 4 years experience within a deliverable FX firm, ideally multi-national/with a global presence
- Able to operate effectively within a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Proactive and highly organised, able to work to deadlines, multi-task, and prioritise and re-prioritise workload as needed, in line with business requirements
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset, with the ability to find solutions to problems that are appropriate to the scale of the challenge and take into account impact at a company level
- Good grasp of the concept of continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Empathetic, with good interpersonal skills
- Passionate about people, with a drive to support the learning and development of team members
- Curious and engaged, proactively seeks new information to expand own knowledge and skills
- Comfortable working in a high-change environment, with the ability to rapidly adapt to changing products, processes and procedures
- Motivated and driven, with a strong desire to make Ebury a success
- In-depth knowledge of red flags and AML typologies relevant to the payments and FX market
The successful candidate will be:
- Hands-on, proactive, and with a can-do, problem-solving approach
- Energetic, with the desire to help establish a strong team to support Ebury’s Asia Pacific business
- Numerate with an analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines, work to tight schedules and provide a fast and efficient turnaround of tasks and problem resolutions
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build effective working relationships across hierarchical levels and functions
- High adaptability - ability to cope with product, system and role and responsibility change in a rapidly growing company