Senior Back-End Developer
Senior Back-End Developer
Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Headquartered in London & with offices across Europe opening in Dubai, North America and APAC, we empower businesses that want to trade and transact internationally. We drive innovation through technology, providing businesses with the tools they need to manage their international trade and support their growth, including import lending, currency and risk products, and payment and collection facilities.
The talent of our 700+ multicultural staff, combined with our cutting-edge technology, tailored product range, and exceptional customer service, has enabled us to double in size year after year. Today we have 18 offices across the world, with even more exciting expansion plans to come.
Even through our tremendous growth, we maintain a vibrant and enjoyable company culture, and those who excel in our highly meritocratic and fast-paced environment will be generously rewarded.
Are you ready to take part in the development of one of the fastest growing European Fintech companies?
We are looking for a Senior developer to join our cross-functional team.
The major part of the technical development of our internal global projects is located in the city centre of Málaga, our technological hub, where we use and develop the latest technologies in our sector.
We are passionate about development and enjoy clean code, continuous deployments and regular integration.
We believe that automation and tooling play a critical role in software development.
We work in Python, however, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
We work with an Agile methodology, doing iterations of two weeks and delivery features using a release train process that happens every week.
Here at Ebury, we have a flat structure. This means teams join various different steps of the production process in a proactive way all while being in permanent contact with teammates. Our ideal candidate needs strong teamwork skills and needs to be hungry to leave their mark in this sector.
- You love clean code. You understand that writing beautiful and readable code is the key to building a great product, and you are able to follow industry best practices.
- You understand the importance of receiving feedback. You use code reviews to improve yourself and to share your expertise with other members of the team.
- You enjoy building and developing new features as much as bug fixing.
- You are self-organised and can work autonomously.
- You have exquisite attention to detail, and you’re comfortable learning about new technologies and systems.
- You enjoy working in a team. You are used to working with multidisciplinary teams with other profiles and are able to learn and share your knowledge with them.
- Design, build and maintain code and systems across Ebury’s engineering teams.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Work with cross-functional teams across the company to build new features at large-scale.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Think about systems and services and write high-quality code.
- You will contribute to evolving legacy code on our brand-new back-end stack.
- All of these run smoothly in Docker containers on AWS.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience using Python or any other programming language
- Solid experience in unit testing patterns
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Some exposure to a frontend programming language
Why work with us
- This is a great professional opportunity to develop your career in an international company and in a continuously innovative environment
- We offer competitive conditions as well as the possibility to keep growing thanks to continuous reviews and a clear career path
- We have an internal blog to share technical knowledge. Read more about Ebury Labs.
- Have the possibility to participate in conferences for your own professional growth
- To work in the centre of Málaga, near the coast
- Ebury will support you to achieve your ideal English level
- Take advantage of our foosball table, console or darts
- Team building activities: we organise activities with all the team to encourage a healthy job environment
- Coffee, fresh fruit and cereal for breakfast provided daily