Operations, Abu Dhabi
Ebury is a FinTech success story, and one of Europe's fastest-growing fintech companies.
We believe that in order for businesses to prosper and grow, there need to be as few boundaries as possible. We empower small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally through our state-of-the-art technology platform.
The talent of our 1000+ multicultural staff, combined with our cutting edge technology, tailored product range, and exceptional customer service has enabled us to double in size year after year. Today we have 28 offices across the world, with even more exciting expansion plans thanks to a £350MN strategic investment from Santander Bank.
An investment of this scale will significantly accelerate our next phase of international growth through both geographical-reach and product-offerings.
Even though our tremendous growth, we maintain a vibrant and enjoyable company culture - accelerate your career as part of our winning and growing team!
This is a unique opportunity to join at an exciting time for Ebury and to help us to grow our business significantly over the coming years.
This is a unique opportunity to join an award-winning, rapidly growing FX and Payments company at a key point in business expansion.
Taking the role of Operations Executive - UAE you will be responsible for supporting the operational workload from the UAE region, including client onboarding and transaction screening and monitoring, as well as related client service.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Client Onboarding and AML and Sanctions Teams based in Malaga, Spain.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and/or investigating matches against sanctions, PEPs, adverse media and internal lists in a timely fashion and processing as appropriate
- Conducting real-time and retrospective rules-based monitoring on client transactions and processing alerts as appropriate
- Reviewing and approving incoming funds from third parties
- Responding to queries from other internal departments
- Completing Customer Due Diligence (CDD) on new clients
- Conducting monitoring on existing clients and updating data accordingly
- Identifying clients posing higher risk due to the existence of red flags or other high-risk triggers
- Complying with relevant legislative and regulatory standards, and internal processes and procedures
- Completing allocated tasks with focus, and in a timely manner
- Communicating the status of tasks to colleagues, supervisors and managers, and escalate problems swiftly, as needed
The successful candidate will be:
- Proactive, with the ability to work within strict time-frames and under pressure
- Diligent, with good attention to detail
- Effective research skills with an ability to find solutions independently
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Co-operative, and comfortable working in a team environment
- Curious and eager to learn, and actively asks questions to confirm understanding of processes and procedures
- Motivated, with a desire to make Ebury a success