Product Manager - API
Product Manager - API
Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Ebury provides businesses that trade internationally with the tools they need to grow their business, including currency and risk products, lending, cross-border payments and collection facilities. Our API solution provides a way for our clients to integrate seamlessly to Ebury from their ERP, TMS or own systems. It also powers our growing our indirect business, with partners accessing our capabilities through API connection.
The talent of our 800+ multicultural staff, combined with our cutting edge technology, tailored product range, and exceptional customer service has enabled us to double in size year after year. Today we have 23 offices across the world, with even more exciting expansion plans to come.
Even through our tremendous growth, we maintain a vibrant and enjoyable company culture, and those who excel in our highly meritocratic and fast-paced environment will be generously rewarded.
Are you ready to disrupt financial services?
You will be the ultimate owner and responsible for the development of our API. Principal areas of responsibility:
- Define the strategic direction for the API solution
- Liaise with the sales, clients and partners team to understand commercial opportunities
- Analyse requirements and opportunities of new regulations (PSD2, Open banking)
- Keep up to date with market developments and competitors
- Prioritise the product roadmap
- Own the delivery of new functionality end-to-end
- Define the goals, epics and stories Act as the Product Owner for the API scrum teams working with agile methodology
- Track business outcomes
- Collaborate in the client-facing documentation of the API
- Support in the production of material and training for sales
- Work closely with the Client Implementation team for pilots
- Product Management experience
- Experience in commercially packaged software development
- Experience of implementing REST API’s in products
- Strong understanding of software development and Agile
- Proven ability to liaise with customers at a senior level
- Self-starter able to work effectively in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong commercial acumen and customer focus
- Knowledge of the PSD2 regulation and Regulatory Technical standards (preferred)
- Knowledge of any of the following standards: Berlin Group, STET, Open Banking UK (preferred)