Key Account Director - Spain
Key Account Director - Spain
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector! Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without what we’re most proud of: our great community. Enthusiastic, disruptive and collaborative teams, always ready to innovate and revolutionize the fast-paced Fintech dimension.
Responsible for spreading the word, creating new business opportunities and contact networks, our Sales team is the key driver of our growth. If you have excellent communication and relationship-building skills, this is your place.
Develop your professional career in Sales in an international environment and become an expert in Financial Markets. Show the world what Ebury is made of. Ready to join the revolution?
The Key Account Director will have responsibility for promoting the growth of the Ebury brand into new markets and territories through independent research and campaigns, targeting larger SMEs to mid level companies.
As a Key Account Director you will:
● Originate new business autonomously targeting Middle Market prospects (£50M+ turnover).
● Collaborate with in country sales teams to cross-sell Ebury lending, cash management, FX hedging and payment products.
● Understand the client's business environments, strategies, and industry to provide the best solution for their situation.
● Know and understand the competition's capabilities and gaps to better position Ebury’ s Banking solutions.
● Promote sales through frequent client meetings and discussions covering new products, market and industry developments working with the country head.
● Expand existing business and provide feedback to technology and product managers.
● Support the Ebury strong client relationship/servicing culture through on-going customer contact, written call reports via Salesforce, quality customer service and superior product knowledge.
Experience (Essential and Desired)
● Strong Financial Services sales experience and contacts network would be an advantage.
● Experience of working in a commercial bank (one or several) selling to mid size corporates. Coupled with experience in an environment different to a bank (this could be start-up vendor, FX specialist, cash management etc) desirable
● Experience of the local market
● Knowledgeable of compliance requirements including AMLD, OFAC and USA PATRIOT Act, etc.
● Ideally with business/finance academic background
Competencies and Personal Characteristics
● Proven ability of bringing passion, energy and motivation to a sales organization.
● Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas and market share goals.
● Comfortable with a phone sales approach
● First-class communication skills, able to win people's commitment and buy-in
● Able to develop sales strategies, techniques and tactics based on customer feedback and market environment; presents key selling points, features, and benefits while focusing message on customer needs and expectations
● Skilled negotiator, able to build and leverage relationships at senior levels within SMB customers
● Quick learner; strong analytical skills
● Fluent English essential
● Competitive salary, with uncapped commission